Why We Are Nuts for Coconut Oil!
Here at SCBC, we are pretty crazy about coconut oil. In fact, you will find organic coconut oil in most of our current products! The fatty acids (Caprylic, Capric and Lauric) in coconut oil reduce inflammation internally and externally, making this a great solution for all types of skin conditions and overall good health.
Here are some of the top ten reasons why we think you should add coconut oil to your dietary and skincare regimen:
1. Prevents Heart Disease & High Blood Pressure: Coconut oil increase the "good cholesterol" in your body promoting heart health and lowering the risk of heart disease.
2.Reduces Inflammation and Arthritis: Coconut oil’s high level of antioxidants help suppress inflammatory cells.
3. Boosts Your Immune System: Coconut oil is antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral.
4. Improves Memory and Brain Function: The fatty acids in coconut oil are easily absorbed in the body and fuel brain cells.
5. Improves Energy and Endurance: Coconut oil produces sustained energy and increases metabolism.
6. Prevents Osteoporosis: Coconut oil increases calcium absorption in the gut, which helps increase bone volume and decrease bone loss.
7. Weight Loss! Coconut Oil helps to burn fat and decrease appetite.
8. Improve Dental and Oral Health: Heard of oil pulling? The celeb Gwyneth Paltrow is a fan of oil pulling, which has roots in ancient Indian culture. Oil pulling may have benefits including whitening your teeth and preventing tooth decay, bleeding gums, and cracked lips.
9. Anti-aging Qualities: Coconut oil reduces stress on the liver and its high level of the antioxidant Vitamin E helps delay the occurrence of wrinkles.
10. Skin Repair and Moisturizer: Coconut oil is a powerful moisturizer which strengthens skin tissue and absorbs quickly to hydrate skin. It also improves skin barrier function to retain moisture. The Vitamin E found in coconut oil soothes eczema, sunburn and psoriasis, and its antiviral and anti-fungal benefits even help to treat bug bites and infections.
So you can see why we just love our coconut oil! You can find coconut oil as one of our main ingredients in our Healing Balm and Body Butters, also coming soon to our Facial care line.